Table of Contents
- COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- CONTROL AND SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- PROTECTION OF CHILDRENS PERSONAL INFORMATION
- OPT-OUT PROCEDURE
- CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
- CONTACT INFORMATION
CURIOUS CREW (PTY) LTD is committed to protecting your privacy. You can visit most pages on our site without giving us any Information about yourself. But sometimes we do need Information to provide services that you request, and this Privacy Statement explains data collection and use in those situations.
Please read the complete CURIOUS CREW (PTY) LTD Privacy Statement.
Compliance with the Protection of Personal Information Act 2013
- 1. Accountability
- 2. Limitation on Processing
- 3. Purpose Specification
- 4. Further Processing Limitation
- 5. Information Quality
- 6. Openness
- 7. Security Safeguards
- 8. Data Subject Participation
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will ask you when we need Information that personally identifies you (Personal Information) or allows us to contact you. Generally, this Information is requested when:
Personal Information collected by CURIOUS CREW (PTY) LTD is often limited to e-mail address, name, telephone number, location, but may include other Information when needed to provide a service you requested.
Server Side Logs / Analytics
For our web server to function properly, the following log data is required
|Security Audit Logs
These log files contain
- 1. Your IP Address
- 2. Your User Agent (Which describes your browser and Operating System)
- 3. The resources you request from the server
- 4. Date and Time of the request
- 5. Referrer (How you were directed to our site)
This data usually cannot identify a person, however when combined with other data it can possibly lead to the identification of a person. Therefore we treat this data as Personal Information and secure it appropriately.
Only authorized people have access to this data and the data is required for legitimate purpose of security and providing the service to you.
The log data is purged when it is no longer required
See “Use of Your Personal Information” for how we may use this log data for security purposes.
An IP address is required for the web server to return the resources you request from it. If you wish to opt-out and/or hide your personal IP address, please use a VPN service.
Client Side Analytics
We use the following Client Side analytics:
This collects further information and metrics about how our users interact with our web site, so we can improve our website and service.
On publicly available webpages, this Information is anonymized and identified only by a unique number and cannot be linked to your personal information.
Cookies are text files with small amount of data. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your device. There are different types of cookies, the main categories are:
1. Session Cookies
1. These are set by the website owner (These are also First Party Cookies)
2. These are temporary cookies that remain active only while you remain browsing the website for your current session, and will be removed when you close the website
3. Examples: These provide services such as remembering what items you have added to your shopping cart
2. First Party / Persistent / Permanent Cookies
1. These are set by the website owner
2. However, unlike Session Cookies, these Cookies remain on the device beyond the active session 3. They should not be a requirement, but legitimate use should provide enhanced usability and convenience 4. They are created with an expiration date, which can vary with the Cookie but according to most privacy laws they should not exceed 12 months
5. Examples: Persisting authentication and site preferences across multiple sessions
6. User should be able to opt-out of these cookies
3. Third Party / Marketing Cookies
- 1. These are not set by the website owner
- 2. These are set by embedding components from a 3 rd party (such as advertisements, chat service, social media, video)
- 3. These are the Cookies causing the most privacy concerns – as they can be used to track a users habits, behaviors, interests
- 4. Examples: Advertisers can use these to provide targeted ads
4. Analytics Cookies
1. Generally set by Analytics software (these are also Third Party Cookies)
2. Should not personally identify users
3. They provide the website owner with metrics on how the website is being used and its performance, allowing the website owner to improve the website and service it provides
4. Example: Google Analytics
5. User should be able to opt-out of these Cookies
5. Malicious Cookies
1. These should not be set by the website owner
2. They remain or are recreated on the device after Cookies have been cleared
CURIOUS CREW (PTY) LTD uses the following Cookies:
Session cookies for authentication
First party cookies for cookie consent
First party cookies for authentication
First party cookies for website preferences
Anonymised Google Analytics Cookies
Third Party Google Ads Cookies
Third Party Facebook Ads Cookies
Third Party YouTube Cookies
Third Party Cookies for a Chat Widget
You are also able to anytime remove Cookies from your device, by clearing your Browser Cookies.
If you opt-out or choose to not have your browser accept cookies from CURIOUS CREW (PTY) LTD, you will be able to view our website, however you might experience limited functionality nor will you be able to subscribe to the service offerings on the site.
Web Beacons / Tracking Pixels
Web beacons or Pixels, are usually scripts or transparent images (Such as Google Tag or Facebook/Instagram Pixel) embedded in a website or email. Unlike Cookies, they do not store information on your device, but they can send a signal or Personal Information to third party servers.
For example: They can be used to track a certain behavior, tracking advertising campaigns, or when emails have been opened. CURIOUS CREW (PTY) LTD uses Web Beacons / Pixels in the following way:
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
CURIOUS CREW (PTY) LTD uses your Personal Information for the following purposes:
To improve our website, performance and service to you.
To ensure our website is relevant to your needs.
Determining which products or services attract the most visitors.
To provide required communication.
To provide requested financial services.
To deliver services, such as (products, newsletters, events, training or software), that you request or purchase. To help us create and publish content most relevant to you.
To alert you to product upgrades, special offers, updated Information and other new services, if you so request. To allow you access to limited-entry areas of our site as appropriate.
Determining which times our website receives the most traffic.
Using referral data to measure effectiveness of online advertising campaigns and search engine marketing. Learning more about customer base with device, browser, and geolocation data, and marketing to incoming customers according to their location.
Determining lost sales opportunities
Examining error data to analyze and improve website performance and interface.
Using page request data and time spent on different pages to find out which parts of your site are most successful and attracting/keeping the attention of visitors.
Measuring the effectiveness of online advertising campaigns and search engine marketing.
Learning more about our customer base with device, browser, and geolocation data, so we can provide a better service and market more efficiently.
For security purposes, the log data works as a forensic trail if our website is breached, hacked, or misused in any way. Here are some ways that log data can be used for security purposes:
1. To determine the date, time, and location of a breach
2. To ascertain the identity of a hacker or offender
3. To prevent access to our systems of such a hacker or offender
4. To identify weaknesses in security and protection measures
5. To monitor security and create alert systems in the event of any unauthorized intrusion
Third Party Service Providers
CURIOUS CREW (PTY) LTD may hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf,
CURIOUS CREW (PTY) LTD will only provide those companies the Information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that Information for any other purpose.
Collection For Specific Purpose (Section 13) CURIOUS CREW (PTY) LTD (2021/841515/07) Page 4 of 6 | Date: 2023-01-25 Prepared by with © OnlinePopi www.onlinepopi.co.za
CURIOUS CREW (PTY) LTD may disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good-Faith belief that such action is necessary to:
1. conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on CURIOUS CREW (PTY) LTD or the site; 2. protect and defend the rights or property of CURIOUS CREW (PTY) LTD and its family of Websites; or 3. act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of CURIOUS CREW (PTY) LTD employees, users of our products or services, or members of the Public.
CONTROL AND SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you register, or otherwise give us Personal Information, CURIOUS CREW (PTY) LTD will not share that Information with third parties without your permission, other than for the limited exceptions already listed above.
CURIOUS CREW (PTY) LTD may send out periodic transactional e-mails informing you of technical service or security issues related to a product or service you requested, or confirming that you requested a product or service. You will not be able to choose to unsubscribe to these mailings, as they are considered an essential part of the service you have chosen.
CURIOUS CREW (PTY) LTD is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will provide you with the means to ensure that your Personal Information is correct and current, and to determine what Personal Information CURIOUS CREW (PTY) LTD has of yours.
You can contact CURIOUS CREW (PTY) LTD or our Information Officer for further assistance, if required.
If you register on SimonCompany or subscribe to a newsletter, you can review and edit your Personal Information at the Profile/Account page. You will be asked to authenticate before viewing your Personal Information.
On your Profile, you can view and edit the Personal Information you have already given us.
On your Profile, you can tell us whether you want us to send you marketing Information
From our Newsletters, you can unsubscribe or opt-out of receiving further similar correspondence Request/update Your personal Information
On your profile you can access the Information Regulator Forms to Request, Update or Destroy your Personal Information with CURIOUS CREW (PTY) LTD
Some services offered by CURIOUS CREW (PTY) LTD may collect Information that is not accessible via the Profile page. However, in such cases, you can access your Personal Information by contacting CURIOUS CREW (PTY) LTD or the Information Officer.
PROTECTION OF CHILDRENS PERSONAL INFORMATION
CURIOUS CREW (PTY) LTD does not knowingly Process Personal Information of Children.
CURIOUS CREW (PTY) LTD is a general audience site and does not knowingly process any Personal Information from children on our public pages.
“Opting-out” in a legal sense means the same as it does in an everyday sense. To “Opt-Out” means you are choosing to no longer participate in something.
Opting out becomes significant in a legal sense when you develop a website or app that’s legally required to provide a method of opting out to those who use your website or app.
Collection For Specific Purpose (Section 13) CURIOUS CREW (PTY) LTD (2021/841515/07) Page 5 of 6 | Date: 2023-01-25 Prepared by with © OnlinePopi www.onlinepopi.co.za
An Opt-Out Policy that lets customers know that they have the ability and right to opt out of aspects of your website or app, as well as a clear and easy-to-follow method for actually opting out, are required by law in certain circumstances.
CURIOUS CREW (PTY) LTD provides the following ways to “opt-out” from their Data Collection
Data subjects can click on the unsubscribe link in e-mails
Data subjects can opt-out of Cookies from the Cookie Consent prompt
Data Subjects can opt-out of services from their Profile/Account
Data Subjects can request their account to be deleted
Data Subjects can contact our Information Officer for assistance
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
CURIOUS CREW (PTY) LTD reserves the right to amend, alter and terminate this Policy at any time.
CURIOUS CREW (PTY) LTD welcomes your comments regarding this Privacy Statement, please contact our Information Officer at the details below.
INFORMATION OFFICER DETAILS
Name: GERITA MATJIE MPHEGO Date: 25 January 2023
Tel: 0798869655 Email: Gerry Mphego <Gerry@curious- crew.co.za>
Cell: 0798869655 Website: https://curious-crew.co.za/
Physical Address: UNIT 35 CHESNICK PLACE, CNR 8TH AND
Postal Address: UNIT 35 CHESNICK PLACE, CNR 8TH
BARCLAY ROAD, MIDRAND, 3370. 1687
AND BARCLAY ROAD, MIDRAND, 3370.